A number of options exist if you are having difficulty making payments on your student loans. If you have been contacted by Pantheon, please call us so a Student Loan Counselor can help you decide the best course of action.
If you can’t afford the standard payment plan, there are multiple alternatives to lower your monthly payments. Our Student Loan Counselors can help you decide which is right for you.
- Graduated Repayment
- Income Contingent Repayment
- Income Sensitive Repayment
- Income Based Repayment
- Extended Repayment
Bundles your multiple federal loans into one easy-to-manage loan and reduces monthly payment amounts.
- Student must be in grace period or current on repayment
Allows you to temporarily suspend loan payments based on particular circumstances. Deferments are entitlements, but require documented proof. Interest does not accrue for subsidized loans during deferment.
- Student attending accredited university at least half time.
- Student is currently not working
- Must reapply every 6 months for a max of 3 yrs.
- Verify student has either made 6 diligent attempts to seek employment in 6 months or provide documentation of eligibility of unemployment benefits.
Economic Hardship Deferment
- See deferment form for eligibility.
- Must reapply every 12 months for a max of 3 yrs.
- Documentation must be attached.
- Student must be active duty.
- Max of 3 yrs.
Allows you to temporarily suspend loan payments based on particular circumstances. Forbearances are discretionary, but don’t necessarily require documented proof. Interest continues to accrue for all loan types.
REMEMBER: after defaulting, a borrower is no longer eligible for deferment or forbearance and must make on time payments for 9 consecutive months to get out of default. Don’t let this happen to you!